UC/CSU "A-G" Requirements
Students must demonstrate proficiency in courses
that meet A-G subject requirements and criteria
(grade of C- or better required):
● "A" -- HISTORY/SOCIAL STUDIES: Two years, including one year of world history, cultures and historical geography and one year of U.S. history, or one-half year of U.S. history and one-half year of American government or civics.
● "B" -- ENGLISH: Four years of college preparatory English that integrates reading of classic and modern literature, frequent and regular writing, and the practice of listening and speaking.
● "C" -- MATHEMATICS: Three years of college-preparatory mathematics that include or integrate the topics covered in elementary and advanced algebra and two- and three-dimensional geometry.
● "D" -- LAB SCIENCE: Two years of laboratory science providing fundamental knowledge in at least two of the three disciplines of biology, chemistry, and physics.
● "E" -- LANGUAGE OTHER THAN ENGLISH: Two years of the same language other than English or equivalent to the second level of high school instruction.
● "F" -- VISUAL AND PERFORMING ARTS: One year chosen from dance, music, theater, or the visual arts.
● "G" --COLLEGE PREPARATORY ELECTIVE: One year chosen from the “A-F” courses beyond those used to satisfy the requirements above, or courses that have been approved solely in the elective area.